Introduction to Android app development
Everything you need to know to get started with Android app development
The Most Comprehensive Package and Simplest Way to Start Building Your Android App
If you have an interest in building Android apps, then you are in the right place.
Android Authority is proud to present the DGiT Academy: the most detailed and comprehensive certification course covering every aspect of Android app development, run by our own Gary Sims. Whether you are an absolute beginner with zero coding knowledge or a veteran programmer, this course will guide you through the process of building beautiful, functional Android apps. You will get up to speed on the latest features of Android and Android Studio for all your app projects.
You can start today with over 6 hours of high quality videos and over 60 different lessons, ready to go. Learn at your own pace. Reams of in-depth glossaries and resources, highly detailed written tutorials and email support from Gary Sims himself.
Sign up now and you’ll be well on your way to developing the skills and confidence necessary to launch your first app.
Gary has been a tech writer for over a decade and specializes in open source systems. He has a Bachelor's degree in Business Information Systems. He has many years of experience in system design and development as well as system administration, system security and networking protocols. He also knows several programming languages (including Java), as he was previously a software engineer for 10 years.
What You Will Gain From This Course
By the end of this course, you will:
- Be familiar with all the software necessary for the best development environment. All download links and set-up instructions included.
- Have multiple projects under your belt. As you learn new concepts you’ll be able to put each one to use and see it come to life with several sample projects. These mini projects will give you lots of little ‘wins’ along the way as you see the fruits of your labor and build the confidence you need to take your knowledge further.
- Know how to create simple to complex apps of your own. By the end of this course, you’ll have all the skills you need to build a fully functioning app and release it to the Google Play Store. Several sample projects will walk you through the process.
- Be able to code in Java. NO prior coding experience is required but by the end, you’ll have a full working understanding of Java that you can even apply to other projects.
- Understand best practices for Android apps and coding in general. You’ll learn to write beautiful code that runs quickly and efficiently. You’ll understand the dos and don’ts of app design and UX and you’ll get to know the ins and outs of Google’s ‘Material Design’.
- Improve your job skills. Programmers are in great demand and Java is highly regarded as one of the most sought-after languages. So, whether you want to start a career as a developer, earn a little money on the side, or just add another string to your bow, this is a great move. Show off your Dgit Academy Android App Development certification on your resume. This is an excellent jumping off point for furthering your skillset and pursuing further training. Future proof your employability and don’t get left behind!
- Have a better understanding of how your favorite apps work. Becoming a developer gives you a whole new appreciation of the apps you use every day. If you’re the kind of person who likes to prod things to find out how they work, then this can be an enlightening process!
Get started now!
Learn to Build Apps the Easy Way and Who Knows What Opportunities it Will Bring
Just as everyone has a book in then, we like to think that everyone has an app in them.
Maybe you have the idea already and you just need to learn how to code so you can put it into action?
Maybe you run a business and you think your online presence or your service could be bolstered by an app?
Or perhaps you just have a burning desire to start coding and see where it takes you.
Learning to program opens up more doors and possibilities than you can imagine, and developing for Android means targeting the biggest user base possible. It’s a highly rewarding process in its own right and there are few things more thrilling than overcoming a coding hurdle and seeing your idea come to life.
If you are creative, if you enjoy solving puzzles and if you like to challenge yourself, then you will love programming!
And who knows: maybe you’ll build the next Flappy Birds!
Who is DGiT Academy For?
DGiT Academy is for anyone who wants to learn to build their own Android apps, whether professionally or for fun.
Our assumption is that students will have no prior experience with programming or Android Studio, so these lessons will begin from the very beginning. However, those that do have prior experience with Java or Android will be able to skip ahead as they wish and there are plenty of advanced lessons to help you take your apps from ‘okay’ to ‘amazing’.
Disclaimer: While this course is suitable for everyone and has been designed with accessibility in mind, it does require some staying power on your side. Learning to code and build apps is a significant undertaking.
We know that life is busy and that learning to build apps is a big commitment of your time. That’s why we’ve done everything possible to ensure this is a course that will fit around your lifestyle. It will be there waiting for you when you’re ready to expand your knowledge. Or you can select the precise lessons to build the app you have in mind.
You’ll be surprised just how easily you can build something simple after just the first few lessons! But for those that crave the challenge, more advanced lessons and concepts are covered too. This course is designed to fit around you and your goals.
Whatever your motive though, the toughest part is knowing where to start. This is especially true of Android development which is highly multifaceted and rapidly changing all the time. Learning Android development means you not only need to familiarize yourself with Android Studio, but also get to grips with the Android SDK, Java and heady programming concepts like methods and classes.
But don’t let that put you off. When taught correctly, building Android apps doesn’t need to be difficult. With DGiT Academy, you’ll be guided by the hand through every step of the process. New concepts are introduced in easy-to-follow, bite-sized lessons that you can complete at your own pace. And if you have any questions? Then you’ll be able to get the answers directly from Gary himself!
If you follow Android Authority or Gary explains on YouTube, then no doubt you’re already familiar with Gary’s knack for explaining complex subjects in simple terms. Who better to guide you through this daunting task and ensure that you fully grasp every facet of app design, development and execution?
What Makes Gary Such A Great Teacher:
Gary has always been super helpful with the projects I've done where I
needed to seek his advice. There are dozens of articles and videos with
my name on them that have little bits of Gary's advice strewn about
them. Perhaps my favorite example was him taking an exorbitant amount of
time (late in the day at that!) to explain to me how Bluetooth works so
I could sound smarter in an article where I lament the trend of
headphone jack removal from flagship smartphones. It ended up on the
front page of Reddit that day and despite a viewer count that reached
into the hundreds of thousands over the course of mere hours, not one
person critiqued my explanation (which was just a paraphrasing of what
Gary said anyway and he was totally cool with it) of how Bluetooth
worked. Having that kind of confidence on big pieces like that lets me
worry about other things and I can't thank Gary enough for his help when
he lends it to me
- Joe Hindy Tech Writer
We take for granted the bits and pieces that make technology work, but
Gary does not. Whenever I am ready to dive deeper, to learn what makes
my technology tick, Gary has an easy to understand explanation
- Jonathan Feist Drone Rush
Lots of people know their stuff. Gary can actually explain it as well, and do it in a way that just about everyone will understand.
- Bogdan Petrovan Managing Editor
Gary knows how to cut through the fluff and tell you what you need to know in a simple way. It doesn't get any better than that!
- Mitja Rutnik Tech Writer
While we are constantly adding new features, the course already includes all of the following:
- Over 6 hours of easily-digestible classes. In each video lesson, Gary introduces and thoroughly explains a new concept while building on those that have gone before. Each video includes on-screen directions that you can follow along with, pause, rewind or slow down. Learn at your own pace.
- Full glossaries and links to external resources for every lesson. While you are welcome to take notes, we’ve done the hard work for you and prepared a list of further reading and useful explanations for you at the end of every lesson!
- Complete source code for sample projects and lessons. Sometimes the best way to learn is to reverse-engineer a piece of code that already works. All code will be made available for you to test yourself, learn from or repurpose for your own projects.
- In-depth written tutorials for more complex subjects. Looking for extra credit? We delve into more complex Java concepts, coding tips and more in a number of written posts that you can read at your leisure.
You Get A Free Bonus For Enrolling Today
Original Price: $99
Why Android Development?
If you’re reading this, then chances are that you already know why you want to become an Android developer. But in case you’re still on the fence, here are a couple of reasons why we truly believe that Android is the best platform to develop for today.
- Android is the largest mobile operating system today with over 2 billion monthly active users. That userbase is only going up, while other operating systems area seeing their market-share shrink.
- The monetization options are limitless and through the Play Store you have an easy distribution platform that gives you access to all those users.
- Android is open and easy to develop for. Unlike Apple, there is no long waiting period for your app to be accepted into the store and there is only a single one-off fee of $25 for new developers to get their apps published.
- The total number of Android app downloads in 2016 – 90 billion.
- Development for Android is relatively simple. Android Studio has come on leaps and bounds since it was introduced and now streamlines many of the most complex aspects of building an app. For simple projects, much of what you need to do can be handled within a visual design tool that lets you drag-and-drop views and icons with ease!
- You’ll be able to use all the unique features of a mobile operating system, from location awareness, to built-in cameras and more. This creates huge opportunities for small businesses looking for new ways to reach their customers and means your imagination is the only limit for creating games and utilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Don’t Wait Any Longer! Sign Up Right Now and Start Your Coding Journey!
“One year from now, you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
We don’t believe it is hyperbole to say that DGiT Academy is the easiest, most comprehensive and best value Android development course available today. If you have any interest in coding your own mobile apps, then this is the place to start.
Be an early adopter and get started today. That way you’ll get all of this for the lowest price possible and to have your voice heard. Don’t miss this opportunity!
When you enroll now you receive a special bonus course ($99 value) - Introduction to Java.
Even if you decide this course is not for you we offer a full 30 day, no questions asked, money back guarantee.
Invest in your future as a Android developer and take the plunge. It’s the best way to level up your skills and make the very most of the incredible technology that we’re blessed with today. Start your journey right now.